A perfect opportunity for all those under 25 looking to work with art and the youth community!
The Whitworth Art Gallery is offering two part-time residencies for emerging artists in any discipline to develop their work and create alongside people aged 15-25 on the Whitworth Young Contemporaries project. This is a paid position (£10k-15k pro rata) and you will be developing ideas, enhancing your portfolio, running workshops for young people and gaining nationally accredited training – get applying!
DEADLINE IS TOMORROW (FRIDAY 27 JUNE)
Here’s the job spec:
What you will do:
- Work collaboratively with young people, artists, gallery staff to develop ideas that inform Whitworth Young Contemporaries.
- Plan and deliver engaging workshops to young people’s groups that make links to the Whitworth Art Gallery, its collection, building and exhibitions.
- Offer workshop support at three events throughout the summer.
- Help develop and facilitate Saturday Arts Club; an arts workshop programme for 15-18 year olds at the new Whitworth Art Gallery.
- Become trained to deliver Arts Award at bronze and silver level.
- Use the studio as a space for thinking and making
Who you are:
- You are an emerging artist from any arts discipline aged 25 or under.
- You have an interest and ability to engage young people aged 15-25 from all backgrounds.
- You are committed to collaborative practice, working in partnership with artists and young people across art forms.
- You are able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
£5,000 for 40 days work July – December 2014 (approx. 2 days per week). Successful applicants will need enhanced DBS status.
To apply send your CV with up to 3 images of your work and tell us why you want to join us.
Send to: email@example.com by 27th June
Interviews will be on the 7th July.
For more info, check the listing on artsjobs.co.uk: http://www.artsjobs.org.uk/index.php?id=25&ne_post_id=129526