M20COLLECTIVE are looking for dedicated volunteers to assist in the running of an outdoor live music stage at the upcoming Pangaea festival to be hosted by the student union on 20th September 2014. Please read below for further details.
Why is this experience valuable?
All of the positions on the M20COLLECTIVE stage at Pangaea provide experience which may be useful to those who wish to work for stages at festivals in the future and provide experience which may be updated on your CV. In addition if you do a good job there will be further opportunity for you to gather more experience at M20COLLECTIVE’s future events.
How to apply?
To apply for any of the positions please send a covering letter detailing your interests, experience and why you think you would make the perfect candidate for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for an application is MONDAY 4TH September
Informal interviews shall commence on FRIDAY 8TH September
Please do not worry if you are not in Manchester at the time of the interviews as an informal interview via Skype may be arranged
NB Successful candidates must be available for MONDAY 15TH September for debrief and training
What the successful candidates will demonstrate?
• Friendly and personable manner
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Clear and concise communication
• Ability to use initiative
• Ability to overcome challenges
• Relevant experience and/or passion for role
Roles recruiting for:
Deputy Stage Manager
Assisting the stage manager to oversee the operation of the M20COLLECTIVE stage
* Ensuring the time schedule is adhered to
* Ensuring all equipment is safely transferred from the artist entrance to the M20COLLECTIVE stage
* Ensuring that all fellow stage workers receive refreshments
* Ensuring all equipment is secured
* Liaising with artists to confirm time of arrival and communicating this to stage manager
* Ensuring artists entry to the festival through the allocated artists entry
* Liaising with assistant stage manager to ensure all equipment is safely transferred to and from the stage
* Distribution of hospitality
Deputy Sound Engineer
* Assisting sound engineer with the operation of the stage
* Setting up the stage to specification
* Assisting sound engineer in sound checks and line checks
* Working with the sound engineer to set up to spec between acts
* Documenting the activities on the M20COLLECTIVE stage
* Capturing the moments
* Creation of photo album
* Recording acts live on stage
* Editing videos for M20 COLLECTIVE and Pangaea promo